Your Chiropractor’s San Diego Wellness Resources
Your San Diego chiropractor Ashley Herfindahl urges you to take a proactive approach to staying healthy by implementing wellness practices into your daily life. Naturally, chiropractic care is excellent treatment for injuries and pain relief—but regular chiropractic care and other wellness practices help you avoid injury and prevent pain and illness in the first place.
Chiropractic Care and Wellness
Your spine is the conduit through which all the nerves in your body flow—these nervous system connections are essential to your health and wellness. When vertebrae are misaligned by poor posture, you may experience:
- Back Pain and Neck Pain—Slouching in your chair, hunching over your phone and sleeping on the wrong mattress can all cause back and neck pain.
- Bulging Disc and Herniated Disc Injury—Poor posture puts uneven pressure on intervertebral discs, causing them to bulge and sometimes break, pinching nerves and causing widespread pain.
In addition to these common spinal misalignment problems, headaches, migraines, sciatica, fatigue, anxiety, allergies, knee pain, hip pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and so many others can stem from poor spinal alignment.
Even if you’re not hurting now, small spinal misalignments could be building up to cause pain later. Regular chiropractic care, ergonomics and attention to correct posture keeps your spine in optimum alignment, empowering your nervous system to keep your whole body healthy and pain-free:
Ergonomics & Posture
Our chiropractor works with you on ergonomics and posture issues you may encounter in all aspects of life to help you prevent pain and injury between chiropractic care visits:
- Work—Whether you sit at a desk, or you stand, lift and twist all day, our chiropractor will help you arrange your work station and develop correct posture and ergonomic habits that can prevent work injury and pain.
- Pregnancy—Dr. Herfindahl helps expectant mothers optimize posture and ergonomics issues as their baby bodies grow, preventing pregnancy-related back pain and preparing moms and babies for a faster, easier delivery.
- Sleeping—Correct sleeping posture can vastly improve your wellness; our chiropractor can help you find the right pillows, mattress and sleeping positions to ensure you get a super night’s sleep.
- Exercising—Avoid common walking and exercising injuries by learning proper posture and form for all of your fitness activities.
Home Exercises & Stretches
Dr. Herfindahl also teaches you specific exercises and stretches you should do daily, between chiropractic adjustments. These are tailored to your individual needs and can help you build core strength, maintain flexibility, improve balance and help you maintain optimal spinal alignment.