Can Wearable Technology like Apple Watches Improve Health, Wellness and Pain Relief?
Wearable technology like the Fitbit, Apple Watches, etc. are revolutionizing the way people take control of their health and wellness. In this part of our wellness series, our chiropractor discusses the benefits of wearable technology for overall health, pain relief, injury recovery, heart monitoring and more.
Chiropractic Care and Your Watch: Working Together for Health
San Diego chiropractor Dr. Ashley Herfindahl is excited about the wearable technology in various watches available today. If you’ve been using a watch like this for awhile now, you’ve probably already noticed how much more aware it makes you of daily health habits. Chiropractic care is founded on the idea that a healthy spine brings a healthy life. In addition, chiropractic care requires patients to follow other essential health practices to promote overall wellness, pain relief and injury recovery. Your watch can motivate by…
- Tracking nutrition—Today’s wearable tech enables you to track everything you eat, counting calories, fat, protein, carbs and other nutrients so you can stay fit.
- Tracking hydration—Dehydration causes numerous health problems; Using your watch to track how much water you drink can help you stay properly hydrated.
- Tracking steps—Activity trackers in your watch help you stick to your goals, spurring you on to increase your daily steps goals so you can get fit.
- Tracking heart rate—Being aware of your heart health is critical—heart disease is America’s number one killer. Monitoring your heart rate reminds you to follow heart-healthy habits, and can help you stay within your target heart rate range for best workout results.
- Tracking sleep—Not getting enough sleep is another silent killer, but your wearable technology can help you stay motivated to get enough Z’s for wellness’ sake.
Wearable Technology in Emergency Situations
Besides staying fit, wearable technology and its companion apps can even alert emergency medical personnel about your condition and whereabouts if you are unable to help yourself. Quick emergency response can boost chances of saving your life and improve recovery outcomes.
Your San Diego Chiropractor and Your Watch Can Work Together for Wellness
If you want to get the best health and wellness benefits out of your new watch or other wearable technology, schedule an appointment to talk with your San Diego chiropractor at Herfindahl Chiropractic and he can show you how you can use it to motivate you to improve your wellness on a daily basis: (619) 295-3885.