Modern Technology, Chiropractic Care, Ergonomics and Pain Relief
Computer Work Stations
- Adjust your chair so your hips and knees are level; get a footrest if you need it, and add a lumbar support pad if necessary.
- Arrange your keyboard so your elbows remain at a 90-degree angle. Get a “split keyboard” to fit your wrists’ natural posture while typing if possible.
- Your monitor should be at arm’s length and positioned so that you can look straight ahead without craning your neck.
- Use a Bluetooth device to avoid long-term neck craning on either side.
- Try voice recognition if you need to send a lengthy text or email from your device, or use the computer for long emails..
- Raise your phone up to eye level when texting or viewing to avoid bending your head forward too much.
- Never use your cell phone while driving, biking or walking to avoid injury! Pull over (or wait until you can) before answering or texting from a safe, stopped position.
Chiropractic Care and Ergonomics Team up for Pain Relief
If you already experience pain related to your daily work and living habits, schedule an appointment with our chiropractor today at 619-295-3885 to get corrective and/or preventative maintenance chiropractic care and a personalized ergonomics plan designed to help you overcome pain and work more efficiently.