First Visit with Your San Diego Chiropractor: What to Expect
If you’re visiting San Diego chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl for the first time, you’re probably curious about how the appointment will go. Will there be a lot of popping and cracking? Will it hurt? How will I feel after the appointment?
While every patient encounters chiropractic care a little differently, there are some things you can definitely expect on your first visit: your chiropractor and our whole team will treat you with respect, answer your questions and work hard to help you along the path to injury treatment and pain relief.
Your First Chiropractic Care Appointment
The main purpose of the initial appointment is to gather a complete diagnostic understanding of your health. Also, we need to find out if chiropractic is the best treatment option for your pain relief or injury treatment. So the first appointment is dedicated to testing:
- Thorough medical and health history—We’ll ask you many questions about your health history including any past injuries and accidents that may have affected your long-term health.
- Orthopedic testing—Dr. Herfindahl will completely examine your musculoskeletal structure to determine the location and severity of any misalignments in your spine and extremities.
- Neurological testing—These tests determine how well the nerves communicate with the rest of your body. This can give us clues as to hidden spinal misalignments that may be causing problems.
- Functional testing—Our chiropractor will ask you to perform simple tasks to evaluate how well your body functions.
- Digital x-rays—These show us hidden problems we need to watch out for, including health concerns that may contraindicate chiropractic care.
A Tour of Our San Diego Chiropractic Office
Your first visit includes a tour of the office; we’ll show you all of the rooms and answer any questions you have about our…
- Adjustment room
- Exercise rehabilitation room
- Massage therapy room
- Spinal decompression room
- Exam rooms
- On-site digital x-ray room
After our chiropractor evaluates all of your tests, he will discuss them with you on your second appointment and make recommendations for pain relief options.
After Your First Chiropractic Appointment
San Diego Chiropractor, Dr. Herfindahl will make personalized recommendations about exercise, sleep, nutrition and ergonomics to help you take an active role in your own treatment from day one! Chiropractic care is extremely collaborative.