Upper Back Pain Relief Treatment from Your San Diego Chiropractor
Upper back pain isn’t as common as lower back pain, but it’s just as effective at making life miserable. Lasting relief depends on getting a clear diagnosis and appropriate treatment for the root causes. San Diego chiropractor Dr. Ashley Herfindahl can help you get rid of the upper backache and get back to living an active, pain-free lifestyle.
Chiropractic Care Successfully Treats Upper Back Pain and Injury
Each vertebra in the upper back is connected to the ribcage, so it’s the most stable part of the spine. But with more people hunching over computers or mobile devices for long hours, reports of upper back pain are increasing. Thoracic spine pain can also be a domino effect of a whiplash injury. Fortunately, our chiropractor’s skilled combination of chiropractic care and other therapies successfully resolve the most common problems:
- Joint dysfunction—The joints where the ribs connect to the thoracic spine can become inflamed and sore.
- Soft tissue strains—Poor posture or even a whiplash injury can strain the muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia in the upper back.
Because of the stability provided by the ribcage, bulging or herniated discs are not as common in the thoracic spine as they are in the neck or the lumbar (lower) spine—but they do occasionally happen.
Upper Back Pain Relief in San Diego and Mission Valley
Our chiropractor provides upper back pain relief treatment for patients throughout San Diego and Mission Valley. Depending on your individual needs, Dr. Herfindahl may recommend the following:
- Chiropractic care—Spinal alignment problems can occur all along the spine, including the thoracic spine. Our chiropractor uses gentle hands-on or instrument adjusting techniques to restore correct spinal alignment and relive pinched nerves.
- Massage therapy—Soft tissue strains respond wonderfully to massage therapy; it boosts circulation, relieves musculoskeletal tension and reduces inflammation while releasing endorphins into your system to provide natural pain relief.
- Cold laser therapy—Joint dysfunction, inflammation and other soft tissue injuries heal quickly with this revolutionary light-based treatment that penetrates deep into damaged tissues to spur cellular healing.
In the rare event that bulging or herniated discs are a problem in the upper back, our chiropractor may also recommend non-surgical spinal decompression to relieve pressure and restore discs to their natural shape.
San Diego or the Mission Valley residents struggling with upper back pain should schedule an appointment with our chiropractor today: (619) 295-3885.