San Diego Chiropractor Relieves Elbow Pain Naturally
The elbow is a heavily-employed hinge joint that is very prone to injury from overuse and trauma. In fact, tennis players, golfers and other athletes frequently complain of problems with this joint, which is why you often hear the terms “tennis elbow” or “golfer’s elbow” to describe different forms of elbow pain—even if your injury had nothing to do with either sport. Fortunately, San Diego chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl provides a successful therapy combination to naturally heal sore elbows so you can get back to normal activity quickly.
Chiropractic Care: Treatment for Golf, Tennis and Other Elbow Injury Situations
Besides Golf and Tennis Elbow, there are several other types of elbow injury, most of which respond very well to chiropractic care and other complementary treatment options:
- Tennis Elbow—This term describes pain on the outside of the joint when the tendon there suffers tears or ruptures.
- Golfer’s Elbow—The tendon on the inside (nearest you) of the joint has been injured.
- Tendonitis—The forearm tendon that helps move the elbow can also become inflamed and painful, leading to this condition.
- Joint Locking—If your elbow locks or is stiff when you try to bend it, this could be the result of an injury or degenerative disease like osteoarthritis.
- Bursitis—Fluid filled sacks in the joint help with smooth movement; they can become inflamed and sore by repeated rubbing or awkward movement of the joint.
Natural Elbow Pain Treatment
Our chiropractor provides patients with a great combination of elbow pain treatment options that help the body accelerate its own healing mechanisms for lasting relief:
- Chiropractic Care—Nerve impingement in the spine, particularly in the neck, can have a domino effect to the elbow. And mechanical misalignments, particularly during sports or regular exertion can cause injuries here. Dr. Herfindahl can alleviate these problems with gentle, precise spinal alignments.
- Cold Laser Therapy—In addition to structural problems, it’s clear that soft tissue injuries to the tendons, ligaments and muscles are also problematic in this joint. Cold laser therapy is a comfortable, non-invasive treatment that helps damaged cells regenerate and reduce inflammation and pain by stimulating the body’s own healing processes.
- Massage Therapy—This is extremely helpful for improving circulation and relieving musculoskeletal tensions and helping the body adjust to chiropractic adjustments better.
Don’t put up with elbow pain; our San Diego chiropractor can help. Schedule an appointment with us in San Diego today: (619) 295-3885.