Back Pain Relief with Your San Diego and Mission Valley Chiropractor
Back pain, particularly lower back pain, is one of the most common reasons people seek medical help—80% of people will experience it at some point in life. If you struggle with a persistent backache in San Diego and Mission Valley, come see chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl for treatment that brings lasting, effective relief from the underlying causes of back pain.
Chiropractic Care Resolves the Underlying Causes of Back Pain Naturally
There are many things that can hurt your upper or lower back. And although painkillers can mask symptoms temporarily, it is crucial to get treatment that addresses the underlying causes of your pain so that you can get lasting relief. Chiropractic care resolves the root causes of back pain, most of which can be categorized under the following umbrellas:
- Incorrect posture—Slouching and hunching cause imbalances between vertebrae in the spine and its supporting soft tissues. Eventually, this can lead to pinched nerves and even bulging and herniated disc problems.
- Poor ergonomics—Poor desk or workplace setup can exacerbate posture problems.
- Injury—A car accident injury, work injury, personal injury or sports injury can jostle vertebrae out of place, pull muscles, tendons and ligaments and cause disc damage.
- Stress and poor physical conditioning—Stress can stop us from taking good care of ourselves through proper nutrition, hydration and exercise; strong core abdominal, oblique and back muscles are essential to good posture.
Back Pain Solutions from Our San Diego Chiropractor
Chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl will thoroughly examine the root causes of your back pain and develop a chiropractic care plan to help you recover fully and naturally. Our multifaceted treatment options complement each other and accelerate healing:
- Chiropractic care—Using precise, gentle, hands-on and instrument spinal adjusting techniques, Dr. Herfindahl can correct postural misalignments (subluxations) to relieve pinched nerves and provide relief.
- Massage therapy—Soft tissues strains, sprains and stress respond very well to massage therapy; and massage also enhances the body’s ability to accept and benefit from chiropractic adjustments.
- Spinal decompression—This revolutionary, non-surgical solution to back pain caused by bulging and herniated disc injury has kept many patients from needing back surgery while naturally healing and relieving severe backache conditions.
Dr. Herfindahl can also provide cold laser therapy, therapeutic exercise coaching and lifestyle advice to help you recover and prevent future bouts of back pain. Schedule an appointment with our chiropractor in San Diego today: (619) 295-3885.