Ankle Pain Relief with Our San Diego Chiropractor
Ankles are susceptible to injury because they are mobile joints bearing the weight of your body while also performing rolling and hinge-like movement. You can sprain your ankle in a sports injury or by mis-navigating a curb. Other cases of ankle pain include poor posture and gait or ill-fitting footwear. Our San Diego chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl successfully provides treatment and relief for cases of ankle pain.
Chiropractic Care for Ankle Sprain and Injury Relief
Chiropractic care successfully resolves your ankle injury to provide pain relief and lasting healing for these and other conditions:
- Sprain—A sprained ankle happens when ligaments connecting the bones are torn (mildly or dramatically) from twisting or overextension.
- Tendonitis—Tendons connect muscles to your ankle bones. Excessive un-ergonomic gait and posture can inflame them painfully.
- Osteoarthritis—Joint pain and swelling in the ankles from wear and tear on the cartilage cushioning between bones.
- Scar Tissue—Any previous ankle injury can leave behind scar tissue that continues to destabilize and stiffen the surrounding tissues.
If you live with ankle problems in San Diego, chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl can help. After a full examination and medical history, he can provide treatment that will help you get back on your feet. Immediate care for sprained ankles and similar injuries will necessarily involve initial treatment with “RICE” (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation) for the appropriate amount of time. For long-term relief and scar tissue reduction, our chiropractor recommends the following:
- Chiropractic Care—The spine may seem far from your ankles, but misalignments there create a domino effect that puts your whole musculoskeletal system out of balance, all the way down to your feet and ankles. Our chiropractor can correct these subluxations and help you regain proper posture and gait to relieve stress from your ankles.
- Cold Laser Therapy—Scar tissue, swelling and pain from any of the aforementioned responds very well to cold laser therapy. Cold laser therapy provides pain relief, reduces swelling, regenerates cells and rushes fresh circulation to speed the healing process while preventing scar tissue buildup.
- Lifestyle and Exercise—For full healing, Dr. Herfindahl will teach you exercises and stretches to strengthen the muscles supporting your ankles. He will also advise you on posture, gait and supportive footwear choices to prevent future injury.
Take good care of your ankles with help from our chiropractor in San Diego. Schedule an appointment today by calling us at (619) 295-3885.