Upper Back Pain
Upper Back Pain Relief Treatment from Your San Diego Chiropractor
Chiropractic Care Successfully Treats Upper Back Pain and Injury
- Joint dysfunction – The joints where the ribs connect to the thoracic spine can become inflamed and sore.
- Soft tissue strains – Poor posture or even a whiplash injury can strain the muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia in the upper back.
Because of the stability provided by the ribcage, bulging or herniated discs are not as common in the thoracic spine as they are in the neck or the lumbar (lower) spine – but they do occasionally happen.
Upper Back Pain Relief in San Diego and Mission Valley
Our chiropractor provides upper back pain relief treatment for patients throughout San Diego and Mission Valley. Depending on your individual needs, Dr. Herfindahl may recommend the following:
- Chiropractic care – Spinal alignment problems can occur all along the spine, including the thoracic spine. Our chiropractor uses gentle hands-on or instrument adjusting techniques to restore correct spinal alignment and relive pinched nerves.
- Massage therapy – Soft tissue strains respond wonderfully to massage therapy; it boosts circulation, relieves musculoskeletal tension and reduces inflammation while releasing endorphins into your system to provide natural pain relief.
- Cold laser therapy – Joint dysfunction, inflammation and other soft tissue injuries heal quickly with this revolutionary light-based treatment that penetrates deep into damaged tissues to spur cellular healing.
In the rare event that bulging or herniated discs are a problem in the upper back, our chiropractor may also recommend non-surgical spinal decompression to relieve pressure and restore discs to their natural shape.