Shoulder Pain Chiropractor in San Diego, CA
San Diego Chiropractor’s Shoulder Pain Relief Treatment
As the most wide-ranging joint in the body, the shoulder can suffer several types of traumatic or overuse injury, so the correct treatment depends on a thorough diagnosis of the underlying causes. If you live in San Diego or Mission Valley, chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl can help you get lasting, natural shoulder pain relief.
Chiropractic Care Provides Relief for the Underlying Causes of Shoulder Pain
These are just a few of the things that can cause shoulder pain; chiropractic care can provide relief for all of them:
- Rotator cuff injury – There are five major tendons and four muscles that stabilize and enable motion in your shoulder. Athletes and people who work a lot with their shoulders can suffer sprains, strains, tears and spasms in these tissues. Many of these overuse injuries respond extremely well to a combination of chiropractic care, massage therapy, therapeutic exercise and cold laser therapy.
- Pinched nerves – Spinal misalignments in the neck and upper back can pinch nerves that directly impact the sensation and function of the shoulders. This type of pain usually radiates out to the shoulder and can also cause numbness. It also might be an indication of a bulging or herniated disc. Our chiropractor can help with a combination of spinal adjustments and, if needed, spinal decompression to heal the discs and relieve the pinched nerves.
- Adhesive capsulitis (“frozen shoulder”) – This condition causes pain and stiffness in the shoulder, reducing the range of motion until the shoulder becomes “frozen”. Our chiropractor combines chiropractic care, massage therapy, cold laser therapy and other treatment options that relieve the inflammation, pain and immobility of frozen shoulder so you can regain strength, range of motion and pain-free activity.
Natural, Lasting Relief for Shoulder Pain and Injury
Dr. Herfindahl’s excellent combination of natural treatment options relieve the very root causes of shoulder pain:
- Chiropractic care – Our chiropractor’s gentle spinal adjustments release pinched nerves and rebalance the spinal system to improve your shoulder mechanics.
- Massage therapy – Relieves musculoskeletal tensions, improves circulation, reduces inflammation and accelerates soft tissue injury healing.
- Cold laser therapy – Penetrates injured soft tissues for deep cellular regeneration, pain relief, healing and improved range of motion.
- Spinal decompression – Especially relieves pain from nerves pinched by bulging and herniated discs by healing and re-shaping injured discs.