Middle Back Pain Chiropractor in San Diego, CA
San Diego Chiropractor Solves the Puzzle of Middle Back Pain
The 12 middle or “thoracic” vertebrae run between the shoulder blades, and each connects to the rib cage. Although it’s not as common as low back pain or neck pain, middle back problems can appear as a set of confusing symptoms that may include rib pain, mid-back spasms, shoulder pain and even shortness of breath, pain and numbness shooting down the arm, neck pain and non-heart-related chest pain. If you’re in San Diego or Mission Valley and need treatment for these symptoms, Chiropractor Dr. Ashley Herfindahl can help.
Chiropractic Care: Successful Treatment for Upper and Middle Back Pain
- Rib misalignment – Poor muscle tone, incorrect posture or injury could cause misalignments in joints connecting the ribs to the vertebrae. You may feel a tight knot near the shoulder blade on either side of the spine. Muscle spasms here can mimic heart-attack symptoms all the way around the front of the chest. Always get emergency attention for chest pain, but if your heart checks out fine, the next stop should be your chiropractor.
- Spinal misalignment – Vertebrae out of correct alignment anywhere in the spine can cause a chain reaction that affects alignment all the way up or down the back.
Talk with Your Chiropractor about Middle Back Pain Today
Depending on the diagnosis for your middle back pain, chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl may recommend one or more of the following in your treatment plan:
- Chiropractic Care – Any spinal or ribcage misalignments can be corrected through gentle spinal adjustments, leading to quick, lasting pain relief.
- Massage Therapy – Soft tissue strains, sprains, knots or injuries can alleviated with the improved circulation, reduced inflammation and tension relief provided by massage.
- Spinal decompression – Although bulging and herniated discs are far more common in the low back or the neck, these can cause a chain reaction of pain into the middle back also; spinal decompression can restore injured discs and relieve these pains.