Middle back Pain
San Diego Chiropractor Solves the Puzzle of Middle Back Pain
Chiropractic Care: Successful Treatment for Upper and Middle Back Pain
- Rib misalignment – Poor muscle tone, incorrect posture or injury could cause misalignments in joints connecting the ribs to the vertebrae. You may feel a tight knot near the shoulder blade on either side of the spine. Muscle spasms here can mimic heart-attack symptoms all the way around the front of the chest. Always get emergency attention for chest pain, but if your heart checks out fine, the next stop should be your chiropractor.
- Spinal misalignment – Vertebrae out of correct alignment anywhere in the spine can cause a chain reaction that affects alignment all the way up or down the back.
Talk with Your Chiropractor about Middle Back Pain Today
Depending on the diagnosis for your middle back pain, chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl may recommend one or more of the following in your treatment plan:
- Chiropractic Care – Any spinal or ribcage misalignments can be corrected through gentle spinal adjustments, leading to quick, lasting pain relief.
- Massage Therapy – Soft tissue strains, sprains, knots or injuries can alleviated with the improved circulation, reduced inflammation and tension relief provided by massage.
- Spinal decompression – Although bulging and herniated discs are far more common in the low back or the neck, these can cause a chain reaction of pain into the middle back also; spinal decompression can restore injured discs and relieve these pains.