Knee Pain Relief Chiropractor In San Diego, CA
San Diego Chiropractor Provides Knee Pain and Injury Relief
Your knees manage a daily load-bearing burden bigger than any other joint, so knee pain or injury can severely impact your lifestyle. Our San Diego and Mission Valley chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl provides successful, drug-free, non-invasive, natural treatment for knee pain relief, healing knees from the inside out so that you can enjoy an active life again.
Chiropractic Care and Treatment for Knee Pain Relief
Chiropractic care combined with soft-tissue treatment modalities successfully resolves knee pain from multiple angles simultaneously because knee problems are often a combination of issues that require a multifaceted approach:
- Traumatic injury – Sports injuries, workout injuries, trips and falls, car accident injuries; all of these situations can twist, bang or contort the knee joint, damaging the cartilage and pulling on its supporting tendons, ligaments and muscles.
- Overuse injury – Frequent “lifting with the knees” (which is far better than lifting with the back), incorrect workout form with too much twisting or overextending, etc. can all cause stress on the joint and it’s supporting soft tissues.
- Spinal subluxations – Misalignments in the spine can cause imbalances throughout the body like a chain reaction; these imbalances can impact and damage the knees.
- Inflammation – Inflammation can occur from all of the above, but also from arthritis and other systemic conditions.
No matter the underlying cause of your knee pain, Dr. Herfindahl can help. After a thorough exam and medical history, he can assist you with an effective combination of one or more of these treatment modalities:
- Chiropractic Care – With effective spinal and local adjustments that are incredibly gentle and effective, our Mission Valley chiropractor can correct imbalances to provide relief to the knee joint and other areas of the body.
- Cold Laser Therapy – This revolutionary treatment relieves pain and inflammation in the muscles, tendons and ligaments while also stimulating healing at the cellular level.
- Massage therapy – Massage relieves stiff, painful soft tissues in the knees and complements chiropractic care by boosting circulation and improving range of motion.
We also teach our patients therapeutic exercises to do at home so the healing can continue even when you’re not in the office. Our chiropractor can also provide lifestyle and ergonomics advice to help you prevent future knee injuries.