Frozen Shoulder Chiropractor in San Diego, CA
San Diego Chiropractor Provides Frozen Shoulder Pain Relief Treatment
You might more commonly recognize the condition “adhesive capsulitis” as “frozen shoulder.” The shoulder is a hard-working, wide-ranging joint, which means that shoulder pain and stiffness can make daily life very difficult. Fortunately, San Diego chiropractor Dr. Ashley Herfindahl has great success using chiropractic treatment and complementary healing techniques to provide natural relief and vastly-improved range of motion for patients suffering with this condition.
Chiropractic Care Relieves Frozen Shoulder Pain
A combination of underlying problems can lead to the symptoms that characterize frozen shoulder (stiffness, limited range of motion and pain). Fortunately, they all respond well to chiropractic care:
- Injury – Traumatic and repetitive motion injuries can lead to frozen shoulder. A sports injury, car accident injury or personal injury can aggravate this joint. In fact, whiplash, which is normally considered a neck injury, can pinch nerves that affect the function and sensation of the shoulder.
- Subluxations – Spinal alignment is important to the function of this joint; if there is a vertebral misalignment that pinches nerves controlling your shoulder, adhesive capsulitis can be one of the consequences. Subluxations can be caused either by injury, poor posture and physical conditioning, being overweight and even stress.
Our chiropractor can correct these underlying causes of shoulder pain by using a combination of these treatment options:
- Gentle chiropractic care – Dr. Herfindahl uses a variety of gentle hands on and instrument spinal adjustment techniques, including the Arthrostim. The Arthrostim is an adjusting instrument delivering percussive vibration that nudges vertebrae back into alignment without any popping or twisting. It is gentle and comfortable for all patients and relieves shoulder pain caused by pinched nerves.
- Cold laser therapy – Frozen shoulder is often aggravated by soft tissue strain and injury, which responds well to laser therapy. A targeted laser light wavelength penetrates deep into damaged tissues, stimulating the cells to regenerate, lowering inflammation and releasing painkilling endorphins.
- Massage therapy – Massage complements chiropractic care by relieving musculoskeletal tensions, improving circulation to soft tissue injury sites and widening range of motion in the joint. It also provides relief by stimulating endorphin release.
- Spinal decompression – Sometimes shoulder pain can be a follow-on consequence of nerves pinched by bulging or herniated discs. In this case, spinal decompression can provide long-term healing and relief.