Disc Injury Treatment
San Diego Chiropractor Provides Bulging and Herniated Disc Injury Pain Relief
Our Chiropractor Explains Different Types of Disc Injury
- Poor Posture – Habitual leaning and slouching can cause vertebrae to press unevenly on discs.
- Traumatic Injury – The sudden forces of a car accident injury, sports injury, etc. can damage discs.
- Aging – Aging processes can dehydrate discs, making them more vulnerable to stress.
There are also different gradients of disc injury:
Disc Protrusion, or Bulging Disc
The outer covering of the disc has been weakened and starts to bulge, causing a protrusion that might pinch nerves. Depending on the extent of the protrusion, a bulging disc may go unnoticed until it reaches the nerve. Early chiropractic intervention can prevent a bulging disc from herniating.
Slipped or Herniated Discs
Chiropractic Care for Herniated and Bulging Discs
- Chiropractic Care – By correcting vertebral alignment our chiropractor can relieve uneven pressure on the discs and provide pain relief.
- Spinal Decompression – This scientifically advanced form of precisely-targeted traction gradually stretches and reshapes damaged discs. Decompression helps draw fresh hydration into these depleted discs, helping them heal, often without the need for surgery.