Disc Injury Chiropractic Treatment in San Diego, CA
San Diego Chiropractor Provides Bulging and Herniated Disc Injury Pain Relief
The shock-absorbing discs between each vertebra in your spine should let the nerves leaving your spinal cord travel comfortably on their way to the rest of your body. But when these discs suffer stress and injury, the resulting pain can be excruciating. Fortunately, San Diego Chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl has a host of successful, non-surgical chiropractic treatment options that provide healing and pain relief, whether you have a bulging protrusion or a fully herniated disc.
Our Chiropractor Explains Different Types of Disc Injury
- Poor Posture – Habitual leaning and slouching can cause vertebrae to press unevenly on discs.
- Traumatic Injury – The sudden forces of a car accident injury, sports injury, etc. can damage discs.
- Aging – Aging processes can dehydrate discs, making them more vulnerable to stress.
There are also different gradients of disc injury:
Disc Protrusion, or Bulging Disc
The outer covering of the disc has been weakened and starts to bulge, causing a protrusion that might pinch nerves. Depending on the extent of the protrusion, a bulging disc may go unnoticed until it reaches the nerve. Early chiropractic intervention can prevent a bulging disc from herniating.
Slipped or Herniated Discs
Chiropractic Care for Herniated and Bulging Discs
- Chiropractic Care – By correcting vertebral alignment our chiropractor can relieve uneven pressure on the discs and provide pain relief.
- Spinal Decompression – This scientifically advanced form of precisely-targeted traction gradually stretches and reshapes damaged discs. Decompression helps draw fresh hydration into these depleted discs, helping them heal, often without the need for surgery.