Daily Injury Relief
Your San Diego Chiropractor Treats Personal Injuries
You might be surprised at just how many ways there are to hurt your back, but San Diego chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl isn’t. Any one of these (and many others) could be your personal injury du jour:
- Slipping in the shower
- Getting out of bed
- Putting on socks
- Brushing your teeth (no joke)
- Carrying groceries
- Washing the car
- Bending over to pick up [insert object here]
These are all common personal injuries that Dr. Herfindahl can treat. Whether you pull a muscle, have a bulging disc that suddenly herniates when you lift something, or years of sleeping on the wrong mattress finally get the better of you, chiropractic care provides natural, effective pain relief. Prompt treatment helps you heal properly so the injury doesn’t cause long-term problems.
Chiropractic Care Provides Pain Relief Treatment for Personal Injuries
Although most personal injuries happen suddenly, many are complicated by underlying factors that respond very well to chiropractic care. For example, twisting your back while getting dressed could suddenly herniate a bulging disc that had been developing for years due to poor posture, a previous injury or other condition. However it happened, chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl will carefully examine and diagnose your injury and develop a pain relief and healing treatment plan designed for your individual needs. The plan may include:
- Chiropractic Care – Restoring correct spinal alignment will release pinched nerves and take pressure off of bulging or herniated discs, which can lead to prompt pain relief.
- Massage therapy – Massage therapy can reduce musculoskeletal tensions, break down painful scar tissue knots, reduce inflammation and provide natural pain relief.
- Spinal decompression – Bulging and herniated disc injuries respond very well to this comfortable, effective, non-surgical treatment and can even make back surgery unnecessary for many people.
- Cold laser therapy – This treatment is effective for accelerating soft tissue injury healing and is very effective for injuries complicated by arthritis.
- Corrective exercises and ergonomics evaluations – Therapeutic exercises and stretches are essential to regaining full strength after a personal injury. Our chiropractor will also coach you on more ergonomic ways to carry out daily tasks so you can avoid future injuries.