Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Pain Relief Chiropractor In San Diego CA
San Diego Chiropractor Provides Natural Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Pain Relief
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is one of the most common work-related injuries here in San Diego. The numbness, tingling, weakness and pain in the wrists, hands, fingers comes as a result of a pinched median nerve in the narrow, bony carpal tunnel. The median nerve shares this tunnel with several tendons, and when those tendons become inflamed, either due to un-ergonomic overuse or injury, they pinch the nerve. Fortunately, chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl provides successful, non-invasive treatment that provides natural, long-lasting relief of this debilitating issue.
Chiropractic Care Provides Effective Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
If you struggle with carpal tunnel syndrome and have been told that surgery is the only treatment option, you owe it to yourself to try chiropractic care first. Dr. Herfindahl has been able to help many patients get non-surgical relief from wrist pain and numbness. Our chiropractor will first determine what is causing your symptoms:
- Subluxations – Not all cases of carpal tunnel syndrome are local; some actually result from vertebral misalignments in the neck where nerves affecting the hands and wrists are also located.
- Un-Ergonomic movement – Typing, cutting hair, playing an instrument or doing any other hand-intensive work using improper form can inflame tendons in the carpal tunnel; craning your neck over your mobile device or computer for hours at a time can too.
- Inflammation – Injury, overuse, diabetes, hormonal changes and many other things can cause inflammation and pinching of the median nerve.
Our chiropractor can help alleviate all of these underlying causes of carpal tunnel syndrome through natural, drug-free, non-invasive treatment options:
Our chiropractor provides patients with a great combination of elbow pain treatment options that help the body accelerate its own healing mechanisms for lasting relief:
- Chiropractic Care – By correcting any vertebral or local misalignments, Dr. Herfindahl releases pinched nerves to provide relief from the pain and numbness of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Cold Laser Therapy – Cold laser therapy is a painless, effective treatment that provides natural relief for local inflammation deep inside of the carpal tunnel while speeding up the healing process.
- Therapeutic Exercise and Lifestyle Adjustments – If poor ergonomics contributed to your wrist pain and numbness, our chiropractor will help you retrain, strengthen and improve flexibility in your wrists, hands and arms through stretches and exercises. He will also coach you on more ergonomic, less-damaging ways of accomplishing daily work tasks to prevent future carpal tunnel syndrome problems.