Neck Pain and Injury Relief Treatment with San Diego Chiropractor
Your neck balances your head and serves as the conduit as your spinal cord leaves the brain and travels down through the spine. It’s also the most vulnerable part of the spine, making it susceptible to injury. But you don’t have to endure neck pain when natural, effective treatment is available here in San Diego and Mission Valley. Chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl’s chiropractic care successfully provides long-term relief.
Chiropractic Care Alleviates Neck Pain and Injury Causes
There are many types of neck injury that can cause everything from a stiff ache to shooting pain that spreads down into the shoulders, arms, wrists and hands. Sometimes headaches are involved. Chiropractic care can help with all of these and more:
- Poor Posture—Hunching over a computer desk, sleeping on an unsupportive pillow, etc. can injure the cervical spine. Incorrect posture strains soft tissues, pulling vertebrae out of alignment, squeezing discs and pinching nerves.
- Whiplash—A strain/sprain injury of the neck’s soft tissues after the sudden whipping back and forth of the head. Whiplash can occur as a sports injury, car accident injury, work injury or home accident.
- Disc Injury—Any of the above forces (poor posture, sudden injury) can compress the neck’s intervertebral discs, causing numbness and excruciating pain that shoots down the neck and into other areas of the upper body.
Arthritis and other degenerative and inflammatory conditions may also cause neck pain.
Natural Neck Pain Treatment
Appropriate treatment of and relief from neck pain depends on a thorough diagnosis of the underlying problem. After diagnosis, our chiropractor at Herfindahl Chiropractic can provide long-term relief with the following treatment options:
- Chiropractic care—Chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl can correct cervical spine subluxations very gently with the Arthrostim chiropractic adjusting instrument, relieving pinched nerves and taking pressure off of compressed discs.
- Spinal Decompression—For bulging and herniated disc-related neck pain, our DRX9000 spinal decompression table is a successful non-surgical treatment protocol that re-hydrates, re-shapes and rehabilitates damaged discs.
- Massage Therapy—Massage boosts healing circulation, reduces inflammation and improves range of motion while providing natural pain relief.
- Cold Laser Therapy—Soft tissue neck injuries can also benefit from laser therapy’s ability to heal damaged tissues at the cellular level while releasing pain-killing endorphins into the area.
If you’re in San Diego or Mission Valley, Chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl can help you get natural, long-term neck pain relief. Schedule an appointment today by calling us at (619) 295-3885 or check us out on Facebook today.