Visit Your San Diego Chiropractor for Natural Treatment for Headaches
At some point in life, you will probably suffer some type of headache. Most people with headaches reach for the OTC or prescription painkillers, but these don’t solve the underlying reason for the tension, migraine or cluster headaches—they just temporarily dampen pain signals to the brain. Worse still, these painkillers end up causing unwanted, unhealthy side effects without resulting in long-term pain relief. If you live with headaches in San Diego, chiropractor Dr. Herfindahl provides natural, effective treatment that can make them go away for good!
Where do Headaches Come From?
There are several different kinds of headaches and several root causes behind them. Getting real, lasting, drug-free pain relief hinges on receiving an accurate diagnosis that your chiropractor can provide with a thorough exam. The following three are the most common headache types:
- Tension—The most common; causes dull, tight pain across the head; often stretches into the neck. Can stem from spinal misalignments due to injury, poor posture habits and stress.
- Migraines—A neurological disorder that causes severe, throbbing, stabbing pain on one or both sides of the head, often accompanied by dizziness, nausea, extreme sensitivity to lights and sounds and pre-migraine symptoms called an “aura”.
- Cluster—Rare, but horrifyingly painful, cluster headaches are usually centered behind one eye, and come in timed “clusters” often around seasonal changes. They can disappear for years and resurface without warning.
Headaches are frequently caused or aggravated when neck vertebrae at the base of the skull are misaligned, thereby pinching nerves and irritating the sensitive membrane surrounding the brain.
Chiropractic Care and Massage Helps End Headache Pain
Regular chiropractic care treats the root causes of headaches to stop the pain and prevent it from returning. Additional natural treatment options can also provide welcome relief:
- Chiropractic Care—Our chiropractor can gently realign the neck vertebrae to release pinched nerves causing the headaches, often leading to immediate relief while preventing future attacks too.
- Massage Therapy—Massage therapy helps chiropractic adjustments “hold”, reduces tension and stress, and releases pain-relieving endorphins into the system for overall relief.
- Cold Laser Therapy—Cold laser therapy is also successful at relieving headaches, and our chiropractor offers this treatment option to many of our patients.
When to Seek Chiropractic Help:
- You have several headaches per month and each lasts for several hours or days
- Your headaches disrupt your home, work, or school life
- You have nausea, vomiting, vision, or other sensory problems (such as numbness or tingling)
- You have pain around the eye or ear
- You have a severe headache with a stiff neck
- You have a headache with confusion or loss of alertness
- You have a headache with convulsions
- You have a headache after a blow to the head
- You used to be headache-free, but now have headaches a lot
Stop Headaches Naturally
If you suffer from any kind of headaches, schedule an appointment with your San Diego chiropractor, Dr. Herfindahl today and get lasting relief without drugs: (619) 295-3885. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for up to date info on chiropractic care and living a healthy life.