San Diego Headache Pain Relief
What is the first thing we think of when we have a headache or migraine? Run and purchase an over-the-counter analgesic, right? We have been conditioned through advertising that analgesics are safe. But do we ever ask ourselves if there is a way to fix the underlying problem, and are those pain relievers even safe to begin with?
If you suffer regularly from headaches and or migraines, there are some things you need to know to make informed decisions about the right way to treat them.
Prevention and Treatment
So what can we do? How can we prevent and treat reoccurring pain from starting in the first place?
- Get regular chiropractic adjustments. Not only does this treat and fix your migraines and headaches, but helps your overall health.
- Keep a diary of what you ate and did during the day to pinpoint or eliminate triggers.
- Watch your diet to eliminate food triggers. Gluten, nitrates, aspartame, MSG, tyramine, and food allergies are things to look for.
- Reduce stress by incorporating relaxation techniques.
- Drink plenty of water. -Engage in aerobic exercise.
- Consider dietary supplements. Magnesium reduced the frequency of migraine headache by 41.6 percent. Relief began after nine to 12 weeks of 600 mg per day. Numerous studies show that vitamins and minerals may also help stave off a migraine headache. B-complex vitamins in particular may be beneficial.
- Get plenty of sleep.
I had headaches everyday until I saw Dr. H. I had headaches everyday. After school I had an immediate headache. My wrists and ankles were also very weak due to multiple breaks and sprains. I have been seeing Dr. Herfindahl for about three months, and I am now basically headache free. My wrists hardly hurt anymore. My ankles never bother me anymore. If you are in pain, there is a treatment out there that can help remove that pain. Why wait? No one likes to hurt. Dr. Herfindahl is a fantastic doctor. So if you are hunting like I was, your pain can go away in as little as a month, why not?
When to Seek Chiropractic Help:
- You have several headaches per month and each lasts for several hours or days
- Your headaches disrupt your home, work, or school life
- You have nausea, vomiting, vision, or other sensory problems (such as numbness or tingling)
- You have pain around the eye or ear
- You have a severe headache with a stiff neck
- You have a headache with confusion or loss of alertness
- You have a headache with convulsions
- You have a headache after a blow to the head
- You used to be headache-free, but now have headaches a lot
How Chiropractic Care with Dr. Herfindahl Can Help:
At our office we use a variety of state of the art approaches to make headaches and migraines a distant memory, without the use of analgesics and or opioids. Research shows that in one study, chiropractic care “showed statistically significant improvement in migraine frequency, duration, disability and medication use when compared with the control group”. But we take that a step further by adding effective treatment and devices that compliment chiropractic adjustments under the excellent care of Dr. Herfindahl, a leading San Diego chiropractor.
- Chiropractic adjustments. Subluxations (what happens when spinal bones lose their normal position and motion from stress, trauma, or chemical imbalances) that can cause headaches and migraines, can be safely fixed using painless spinal adjustments. These adjustments help proper blood flow and create proper alignment. They can be done manually, or they can be done with a painless handheld precision instrument.
- Cold Laser. Is a treatment that utilizes specific wavelengths of light to interact with tissue and helps to accelerate the healing process. It can be used on patients who suffer from a variety of acute and chronic conditions in order to help eliminate pain, swelling, reduce spasms and increase functionality.
- Massage. Muscle tension and pressure can be relieved by our expert staff, who can eliminate cramping and tightness contributing to your pain.
Why You Need to Avoid Analgesics and Opioids
Analgesics and opioids are often taken to treat pain. Recently we have been warned as consumers, the dangerous side effects of pain killers. They lead to numerous dangerous side effects including liver damage and immunological and hormone dysfunction. There is a safer, better way to not only treat the cause, but avoid long term affects of these dangerous drugs by using chiropractic care.
Migraine and Headache Management at Dr. Herfindahl’s Chiropractic Office
If you are reading this article, you may be suffering from migraines and headaches. Dr. Herfindahl chiropractor is here to help, to get you on the road to pain relief. We have helped hundreds of people to be headache and migraine pain free. Contact us today at (619) 295-3885 to start your recovery.