Chiropractic Adjustments in San Diego CA
Chiropractic Adjustments for Pain and Injury Relief Treatment: What to Expect
How Chiropractic Adjustments Work
- Manual/Hands-On Adjustments – Dr. Herfindahl uses his hands to deliver quick, precise thrusts to correct spinal alignment.
- Instrument Adjustments – The soft-tipped Arthostim adjusting instrument can be calibrated to deliver a precise, gentle, percussive impulse, in just the right direction, to correct vertebrae in the back or neck.
- Table Drop – This special adjustment table drops a bit during manual adjustments to calibrate the amount of pressure the spine receives during adjustment.
- Blocks – Dr. Herfindahl may use wedged blocks to assist in positioning the spine or pelvis correctly prior to adjusting.
Do Chiropractic Adjustments Hurt?
Rarely do chiropractic adjustments hurt-usually, they provide gradual to instant pain relief. Popping sounds during adjustments are pockets of gas released at the joint when vertebrae are repositioned.
The spine is intricately tied to muscles, tendons and ligaments that may need retraining, however. So, after adjustments, some soft tissue soreness may manifest. Massage therapy, ice and heat and other forms of physiotherapy provide relief from these temporary aches on the road to healing. Dr. Herfindahl often recommends pre-adjustment massage to help relax the spine so it readily adapts to correct posture.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Sleep better
- Feel more energetic
- Experience better circulation
- Increase range of motion
- Improve overall posture
- Energize your immune system